Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Big Ben



Last weekend I traveled to Lancaster, PA with my mom and dad for mom's 5th College Reunion.  It was kind of a rough ride down for me.  After a minor bout of car sickness, I recovered to dine on spaghetti pizza in true Bushong-Weiss fashion.  The next morning was very exciting.  As a bagpipe played I marched with the Class of 2004 to the Barshinger Center, where mom and a bunch of other people gave speeches and presented each other with huge checks.  Seriously, these checks were bigger than me!  It got kind of boring, however.  Luckily, dad rescued me and took me to a place with large cookies and juice.  A big improvement indeed.  Then I got to meet the College mascots- Ben and John.  John was very nice, but I did not like Ben.  I cried whenever he tried to hug me (as you can see above).  My mom said this was an insult to my Quaker roots.  I don't really know what that means, but I just can't be bothered with someone who believes in "early to bed."  WHATEVER!

No comments: